Post-operative care is an area where you can contribute to the success of your procedure.
- Maintain your oral hygiene even if the surgical site itself may not be brushed with a toothbrush for a certain time.
- Use antibacterial mouth wash as prescribed by your dentist.
- Treat swelling with moist-cold pads.
- Consult your dentist regarding pain.
- Make sure that you visit your dentist for a follow-up appointment.
- Do not neglect your oral hygiene.
- Do not brush or floss at the site of surgery for 1 week after surgery. A toothbrush with especially soft bristles can usually be used for cleaning the teeth in the vicinity of the wound.
- Do not drink coffee or alcohol and do not smoke cigarettes for 2-3 days after surgery.
The information in this website is solely provided for information purposes. Such information is not meant to be a substitute for advice provided by a dentist.