Handling of Geistlich Fibro-Gide® is very easy compared to connective tissue grafts:
- Unlimited availability and consistent quality.1
- Measure the defect and trim the matrix to the desired size and thickness.1
- Once moist, the matrix can be further trimmed to the desired size and thickness.1
- Geistlich Fibro-Gide® can easily be sutured.1
- No need for pre-treatment: Excellent hydrophilic characteristics lead to rapid hydration by patient’s own blood and/or sterile saline solution with a volume increase of approx. 25%.1
- The soaked matrix adapts to contours and adheres well to the defect.1
- Squeezing and re-hydration: Once squeezed, the matrix goes back to its initial state after remoistening (considering the additional swelling of approx. 25%).1
- Geistlich Fibro-Gide® does not require a second surgical site.2-5
- Geistlich Fibro-Gide® should be used as a submerged graft to increase soft-tissue thickness around implants and natural teeth.1
The product is currently not included in the ARTG. Please contact our customer service team on 1800 776 326 to find out more about accessing Geistlich Fibro-Gide®
- Data on file. Geistlich Pharma AG, Wolhusen, Switzerland.
- Thoma DS. et al. J Clin Periodontol. 2016 Oct; 43(10): 874–85.
- Sanz M. et al. J Clin Periodontol 2009; 36(10): 868-76.
- Del Pizzo M. et al. J Clin Periodontol. 2002 Sep; 29(9): 848–54.
- Soileau KM. & Brannon RB. J Periodontol. 2006 Jul; 77(7): 1267–73.