Geistlich Fibro-Gide® is a porcine, porous, resorbable and volume-stable collagen matrix, specifically designed for soft-tissue regeneration.1 The collagen matrix is made of reconstituted collagen and undergoes smart chemical cross-linking to improve its volume stability while maintaining a good biocompatibility.1-3 The porous network of Geistlich Fibro-Gide® supports angiogenesis, formation of new connective tissue and stability of the collagen network in submerged healing.2,3 In vivo animal models have shown good integration of Geistlich Fibro-Gide® into the surrounding soft-tissue while maintaining stability.4
Geistlich Fibro-Gide® is the alternative to autogenous connective tissue grafts (CTG), which are considered as the gold standard in regenerative soft-tissue procedures.3,5,6 With Geistlich Fibro-Gide® additional harvest site is avoided, patient morbidity is reduced.3,7-9
Inspired by Nature, engineered by Geistlich
The collagen expertise of Geistlich has led to a tailor-made product meeting the clinical needs and providing therapeutic solutions in oral soft-tissue regeneration. More than 1,000 prototypes were developed and tested in order to get a product like Geistlich Fibro-Gide®.11
Geistlich Fibro-Gide® is not yet available in Australia. Please contact your local Geistlich specialist on 1800 776 326 in Australia and 0800 776 326 in NZ to find out more.
- Instructions for Use. Geistlich Fibro-Gide®. Geistlich Pharma AG, Wolhusen, Switzerland.
- Thoma DS. et al. Clin Oral Implants Res. 2015 Mar; 26(3): 263–70.
- Thoma DS. et al. J Clin Periodontol. 2016 Oct; 43(10): 874–85.
- Thoma DS. et al. Clin Oral Implants Res. 2012 Dec; 23(12): 1333–9.
- Thoma DS. et al. Clin Oral Implants Res. 2009 Sep; 20 Suppl 4: 146–65.
- Thoma DS. et al. J Clin Periodontol. 2014 Apr; 41 Suppl 15: S77–91.
- Sanz M. et al. J Clin Periodontol 2009; 36(10): 868-76.
- Del Pizzo M. et al. J Clin Periodontol. 2002 Sep; 29(9): 848–54.
- Soileau KM. & Brannon RB. J Periodontol. 2006 Jul; 77(7): 1267–73.
- Zeltner M. et al. J Clin Periodontol. 2017 Apr; 44(4): 446–453.
- Data on file. Geistlich Pharma AG, Wolhusen, Switzerland.