SafeScraper® TWIST provides an easy method for harvesting autogenous cortical bone, for use in grafted sites with a minimally invasive technique.
Easy to use, Safescraper® TWIST makes autologous bone always available in any condition, both for small and large harvests.
The exclusive cutting performance of the blade allows cortical shavings to be collected, while preserving maximum cell vitality, which is essential for graft integration. The bone collected is already combined with blood and ready to be positioned in the defect, or it can be temporary maintained in aseptic conditions in the transparent chamber.
SafeScraper® TWIST Product Information
- 3 Pack: 1 Sterile disposable scraper per package
- 160˚ Cutting blade
- Transparent collection chamber capacity: 2.5 cc
- Curled shaving morphology: mean length 1.3 mm, ranging between 150 and 250 μm
Minimally Invasive with Maximum Access
- Accelerates harvesting time
- Excellent control during the harvesting procedure
- Effective on any bone surface (plane, concave, convex)
- Collects bone shavings of appropriate size and thickness for graft integration
- Bone shavings contain well-preserved bone cells, particularly osteocytes, osteoblasts, osteoclasts and osteoprogenitor cells1,2
Horizontal Augmentation Combining a 1:1 Ratio of Geistlich Bio-Oss® and Autogenous Bone with Geistlich Bio-Gide®
Case Courtesy of Prof. Dr. Robert Carvalho da Silva, Prof. Dr. Paulo Fernando Mesquita and Prof. Dr. Julio Cesar Joly (Brazil)