Geistlich Mucograft® Seal is a ready-to-use matrix with a convenient circular shape. The matrix provides an alternative to soft tissue grafts. Geistlich Mucograft® Seal is indicated for the sealing of extraction sockets with preserved buccal walls in combination with Geistlich Bio-Oss® Collagen in ridge preservation procedures. The matrix establishes predictable dimensions for soft tissue management.
- Geistlich Mucograft® Seal Advisory Board Meeting Report, 2013. Data on file, Geistlich Pharma AG, Wolhusen, Switzerland.
- Jung R, et al.: J. Clin Periodontol 2013; 40(1): 90-98. (clinical study)
- Thoma D, et al.: J. Clin Periodontol 2012; 39: 157-65. (clinical study)
Leading clinicians rely on Geistlich Mucograft® Seal:
- Minimal invasion1,2
- No harvest site morbidity1
- Creates predictable soft tissue dimensions for later soft tissue management and allows for flexible timing of implant placement1
- Early implant placement possible 8-10 weeks after extraction1
- Reduced surgical chair time compared with autologous grafts1
- Faster soft tissue wound healing compared with autologous grafts3
- Natural soft tissue colour and texture match1,3
Geistlich Mucograft® Seal consists of two structures: the compact structure provides stability while allowing open healing; the spongy structure supports blood clot stabilisation and ingrowth of soft-tissue cells.
Geistlich Mucograft® Seal is a small round matrix designed to seal sockets with preserved buccal walls following ridge preservation.
Geistlich Mucograft® Seal is easy to handle:
- No need for pre-treatment or pre-hydration
- De-epithelialise adjacent soft-tissue margins before applying Geistlich Mucograft® Seal, thus promoting soft-tissue cell migration into the matrix
- Position the compact structure facing outwards and the spongy structure towards the extraction socket
- Suture using non-resorbable sutures, not glue
- Close adaptation of the matrix to tissue borders can be accomplished by single interrupted sutures, double interrupted sutures or cross sutures
Geistlich Mucograft® Seal is a porcine collagen matrix for soft-tissue regeneration in extraction sockets.
It is available in a convenient circular form:
- Geistlich Mucograft® Seal 8mm diameter collagen matrix
- Geistlich Mucograft® Seal 12mm diameter collagen matrix